Friday 9 November 2012

Jar of Hearts

The High School is closed today, so my teenage children are at home.

As the weather is currently windy and very wet, Pea and I decided to have a morning of candle making, to enable me to keep my promise to Babs.  H1 has spent his morning curled up with his puppy watching Red Dwarf .  And why not?

The whole house is filled with the scent of warm berries, courtesy of our candle making efforts.  The kitchen was a bit of a mess to say the least.  It seems that intelligent young women (Pea) cannot be tidy when they are creating.  Wax and glitter adorned every surface and my usual way of working (ie, tidying as I go) was just not going to happen today.  There were a few mishaps along the way, but the pleasure of being with my daughter and teaching her to do something I love, far outweighed the chaos and clutter she left in her wake.  After all, mess cleans up and we did have something rather beautiful to show for it all in the end.



 


 
I hope you like them.  The pink and white hearts are called Winter Warmer, as they smell of berries and scrummy things, the blue and white are Winter Solstice as they remind me of frost and ice. 
 
I managed to finish the flower rosette brooches I showed you the other day.  They took ages, but I'm really pleased with them.

 
 
It is pouring with rain and the wind is howling round the cottage, but I have a little boy at school who is eager to come home and start his weekend of sitting down playing some ghastly game on his DS thingy, so I need to finish writing, rug up and go and get him.  It's awful out there.  We will be soaked and it will be dark by four.  Brrr!
 
I hope you all have a lovely weekend and thank you for reading.  xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I have just figured out how to write a comment. How exciting,being the first to comment.Love todays blog, candles look fab and my, what a lovely heart shape wooden board you have! Hope you manage to clear the glitter, it does get everywhere! I do believe though that glitter is for life not just for christmas! Have a lovely weekend with Pea, H1&2. Pizza ready for tea,yum. Tara cariad x x

    ReplyDelete