Thursday 15 November 2012

It's Beginning to Feel a Bit Like Christmas.

Do you remember the little pic I left you with last time?  Well, I started making another Christmas wreath.  These are not for hanging up on your front door though, just for inside decoration.  And why not?  It is other people who get the pleasure of seeing our beautiful creations hanging on our doors, not us, so this is one we can enjoy too.

It isn't quite finished yet as you can probably tell, but so far I am happy with it.  The addition of some ribbons and bells will finish it off nicely.


In keeping with the Christmas mood, yesterday I went Christmas shopping with my mum.  We didn't get everything, but made a good start.  I feel a little more relaxed about it now, it's that start that matters!  I haven't got many places to hide things in the cottage and as two of my children are taller than me, they can easily see onto tops of wardrobes, where I've flung things in the hope they won't notice.  I will probably have to ask them to get them down for me too.

I have a few craft orders to work on now, so have been busy buying gorgeous fabrics with which to make them.  My lovely sis-in-law has asked me to make her friend some bunting to celebrate the birth of her baby girl.  Pink but not too much, was my brief!  I found some pretty pink and white fabrics today that also have other colours in them, so I'm hoping I've got it right!  They are very feminine and fresh, pretty without being babyish.  I think it is best to steer clear of obviously baby fabrics (beautiful though they are), as both R and I will be hoping she will want to keep it up in her room for many years to come.  Bunting is for life, not just when you're born!

The weather today is not in the least bit Christmassy.  Booo.  At the beginning of November, there was a dusting of icing-sugar snow on the mountains, but it has been so cloudy of late, we can't tell if it's still there.  This morning I was met with a deep orange sky that heralded the start of a glorious day.  It is more like April than November.  I even sat outside for a while with the dogs.  My brother took his little girl for a walk and enjoyed the sun too.

 
Nature is amazing.  While everything in the garden is dead or covered in mud and the cobwebs hanging from the beams could be sprayed with glitter and used as Christmas decorations, nature pulls out all the stops and gives us something to take our minds off the rest of it.  Tomorrow, I will have to muck out the bathroom, but for the time being I can lose myself in blue skies, flocks of wild birds and the promise that Postie will bring my gorgeous fabrics to enable me to get another craft project underway.

Have a lovely afternoon.  Thank you for reading. xxx


2 comments:

  1. those bells look so lovely I could almost eat them! Im sure the fabrics you've chosen will be perfect. Happy crafting blodyn x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are gorg are they not? Your fabrics have just arrived, so I can get started on your hearts this weekend. That is what the bells are for!
      Hwyl am y tro. xxx

      Delete