Friday 23 November 2012

Cry Baby Bunting

And I have been very close to it this morning, I can tell you.  All was going beautifully.  Hail hammering down outside, the dogs and I warm and cosy in our cottage, sewing machine humming efficiently away, and then...

For some reason known only to my vintage Jones sewing machine, it began to produce loopy stitches.  Now why would it do that?  It had been sewing lovely neat, even stitches all morning, and then it didn't.  The annoying thing is that I have been working on the bunting for my sister-in-law's friend's baby girl and she and I want it to be gorgeous - with no horrible stitches.  I had already sewn five of the sixteen flags, and try as I might, I could not work out what had gone wrong.  I fiddled with the tension knob thingy, but to no avail.  Oh blow it, I would have to undo them and finish it by hand.  Long and laborious it may be, but at least I will get it finished.

So that is what I spent the next five hours doing.  OK, it was 20 minutes, but it felt like five hours. Grrrr!

Thank goodness for quick-unpicks!  I now have tiny bits of yellow thread clinging to me and the carpet.  Sigh.

Thankfully I did manage to finish the hearts this week and they are all sitting prettily in their box on a bed of red tissue paper, ready for their new owners.

It is a small miracle that I actually manage to get anything done at all with this little...person 'helping' me.

Look at that face - pure mischief.  That was nice yarn too.  But when H1 comes home he is the cutest little puppy imaginable, full of sweetness and light.  Huh.

I think I am in need of some down time.  Sounds daft I know, when I'm at home all day and I am basically my own boss.  Just a pity my 'employees' are mad dogs - no really, they are.  Hopefully over the weekend we will have some dry weather and we can get out in the countryside a bit.  I expect the boys will kick up a fuss about this, but they can stay at home if they want and Pea and I will go.

So after dinner, I will be hand sewing the bunting and then back to candle making I think.  It's the time of year when we want a little cheer and comfort and the scent of something delicious wafting through the house.  I will let you know if I get chance to do any over the weekend!

Have a lovely day and thank you for reading. xxx

1 comment:

  1. Jones,you must learn to obey your master! Sorry for your troubles. Hwre,so glad its friday,two parties for us this weekend,hope you have a good one.Hwyl x x

    ReplyDelete