Friday 7 December 2012

Windy Island, Bleak House.

Baby, it's cold outside.  But we still haven't had any snow!  Scotland are having plenty and so are parts of England, and we can see the mountains are covered in it, but it hasn't reached us - yet.  Here's hoping!

My awful low mood seems to have lifted today.  Thank goodness for that, it was all getting rather boring.  It started to fade during the night.  I was woken by howling wind and rain belting on the window pane and couldn't get back to sleep.  As I lay there my brain clicked into gear and began flashing images of beautiful crafts I could, and will, make in the New Year.  I had visions of aprons, tea cosies and seasonal pillar candles, knitted bags and crocheted hair bands all flitting about in my head like sugar plums (whatever they are).  What a relief!

When the alarm woke me later on, the rain had stopped but the wind had cranked it's force up a notch.  Unknown things rattled and banged around the house;  the wind whistled around the windows and sent a chill through my bones.  Opening the back door to let the dogs out, who immediately shot back in again and had to be accompanied onto the garden before they would venture out, was an adventure and shutting it again required some effort.



It would have been a perfect day to hunker down and get on with the Christmas stocking I am making for a new baby boy, but sadly, I had to leave the island, noooo!  Really hate doing this and therefore only venture across the bridge when necessary, like today.  Pea had an appointment in town, so we had to go.  I rang to check the bridge was still open before we left.  Surprisingly, when we got into Bangor, there was hardly any wind at all.  Just the island, then.  Fortunately the journey wasn't too hair raising and we were back within a few hours.

Did you see Kirstie's Vintage Home last night?  I was allowed to watch the first half until Pea and H1 hijacked the remote and turned it over to some ghastly American sitcom.  (I have to say that, but in truth it is quite funny.)  I absolutely love Kirstie, especially her Christmas programmes, which I have saved on my laptop to watch whenever I can.  Last night she gilded a walnut picture frame.  The gold sheets are about 50p each, which makes it accessible to people without a truck-load of money at their disposal, I.E me!  I have some ideas brewing which I will share with you, probably after Christmas. 

  I am taking Pea shopping tomorrow, which we are both looking forward to very much.  She has worked hard on revision for her GCSE mocks and deserves a break for a little while, and to have some mother/daughter time.  I will let you know what we come home with!

In the meantime, thank you for stopping by, keep warm and cosy and be good to each other!
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment