Monday 30 September 2013

Diary Of A Homemover-Almost There

Monday 30th September 11.48am.

This is most probably the last blog post I will write from the cottage.  Moving day looms ever closer.  The house is getting more and more untidy and there is little hope of me doing anything about it at this stage.  Had to crack the metaphorical whip yesterday; the boys were sitting about totally zoned out of real life and completely lost in their virtual worlds.  When asked if they had made their beds and picked stuff off the floor, they both mumbled and assent.  On entering their bedroom to find that they had not done as asked, I hit the roof.  I will not put up with lazy boys who allow their mother and sister to run about like headless chickens while they gather dust and cobwebs.  After a moment of intensity whereby I almost blew a gasket and the dogs shot off to find cover, I vented my frustration by slamming a few doors.  The effect was quite startling; within half an hour their bedroom was neat and tidy and not a thing out of place.

Why oh why do I have to lose my cool before they will do it?  Madness. And no good for my health.

H2 came running out into the garden a few days ago, claiming he had had a nasty accident with a bit of wood.... Does he really think I am that daft?  Gluing two bits of wood to his hand in an attempt to look wounded is really pushing the limits.  He thought it was hilarious, however.  Boys.

On one of the last days of September, Mother Nature gave me this.  A perfect early morning sky to greet me as I opened the kitchen blinds.  Reminded me how I will miss the open views that stretch away from every window of this cottage.  In our new house we will be met with trees, shrubs and all manner of greenery, but no mountains or sea.  Bit sad in a way as I have loved living here but I am trying to keep positive and not get maudlin about it.  The loss of the views will be replaced by a garden that I can call my own.  Bliss.

I have loved watching the seasons progress through the eyes of a sheep farmer.  With so many new beginnings such as school in September, the cycle of the sheep beginning again in mid October with the rams being let loose with the ewes, our own new start with moving house, not to mention Christmas and New Year in January, this time of year can hardly seem dull and depressing.  It has kept me looking forward and getting excited about so much.

There is not that much left for me to do over the next couple of days, being as we are ahead of schedule.  Never thought that would happen!  Can now nurse my sore head and zone out a bit before the whirlwind hits later in the week, there will be no time for anything other than action then.  I am having to have a new telephone line put in the new house, but typically they can't do it until three weeks after we move in. So we will be without both telephone and broadband for some time. Therefore I will be taking an enforced break from blogging until the line has been installed towards the end of October.  I do hope you will remember me and look in again around that time.  No doubt I will have plenty to say and lots of gorgeous pictures to share with you all.

We have been very happy living in our cottage and we will never forget it's gentle cradling as we gathered ourselves and made ready for a new life.  Thank you cottage, we will never forget you.

Lots of love from Karla, Pea, H1, H2, Middle Aged Labrador and Puppy. xxx

See you all soon in our new home!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment