Tuesday 5 February 2013

Feeling Flat

The weather continues to make it's presence felt with increasingly biting winds, cold that cuts through the thickest of jumpers and the threat of rain hanging constantly in the air. The sea is a boiling mass of white horses.  Germs have entered the house and boredom too.   I am in danger of losing my spark so something must be done.


There seems to be so much to do at the moment and so much to come.  Pea is gearing up for GCSE exams in the next few months and has only just recovered from taking her mocks before Christmas.  She worked extremely hard and gained A grades in all subjects except two, in which she got A stars.  Wow.  I could never have done that and doubt I could now.  She deserved those results, but of course the pressure is still on and heavier than ever now that the real things are getting ever closer. H1 is taking his options so there is a lot of talk about what he enjoys and what he would like to do.

After battling against the wind and managing to get some washing to stay on the line, I decided to treat myself to a mug of hot chocolate, (sans marshmallows and squirty cream sadly) and a piece of the almond and apple cake I made yesterday.

I put them both on the table and turned my back for a minute.  A minute too long as it turned out, as when I turned back, my plate was empty.  Now I know I've got a lot on my mind at the moment but I do not remember eating my cake, and I think I would.  The expression of the cat having got the cream on Puppy's face told me instantly who the culprit was.  And he couldn't have cared less.

He enjoyed it enormously and couldn't give a fig if I told him off.  Whippets are thieves and he is only half a whippet, so a whole one would be a nightmare.  I am always taking things off him that he has 'found' somewhere and is not allowed.  He has any number of toys and chews at his disposal, but he doesn't really want them, unless MAL wants them, of course, then he makes it his life's work to get them back.

I seek solace from the madness in the house through crocheting doilies.  Yep, I'm still at it!  All will be revealed very soon, hopefully during or just after the half-term holls next week.  In the mean-time, all I really want to do is curl up under a soft, warm blanket and hibernate until April.  I could come out then, refreshed, renewed and raring to go.  The downside of not being a hedgehog, I suppose.

Snow is being mentioned again by the weather men and I am not happy about it.  I've had my fix and it was amazing, but we just want warm weather now.  I want to wear floaty, flowery skirts and pretty tops, have bare legs and feet and be able to go into the garden without having to rug up as if for the arctic beforehand.  We are desperate in Britain, especially Wales, for some sun and warmth as we have been deprived for sooo long!  Maybe this Summer.....

Whatever the weather is like where you are, be happy, have fun and live your life! xxx

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely freezing at the carboot this morning!

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete