Sunday 27 January 2013

Creative, Cosy Corner

It was my mum's birthday last week, but because of the snow, we couldn't go to see her.  So yesterday the children and I and my brother and his family finally made it to give mum her cards and presents.  Happy Birthday mum!

I made her this notebook using materials already in my possession, so as promised, I didn't spend any money and I helped the planet a tiny bit!


Fortunately she was very pleased with it.  Mum loves bright colours where I love pastels, so this isn't something I would make for myself, but it was nice to use different colours for a change and I added some bright rainbow papers too.


She just has to work out what to use it for now!

We were all very noisy yesterday as 5 adults and 4 children all talked over each other and had different conversations going on at the same time.  Dad and Pea had a heated, but good natured, debate about evolution and global warming.  They are very similar and both certain of their views and neither likely to back down.  It went on for some time!  In the meantime, H2 and my niece got creative at the kitchen table with Lego and crayons.


We are quite a creative family really.  My sis-in-law, R, made a huge birthday cake for mum and my niece, CM, went a bit mad with the decorating.  Adults would employ good taste and restraint, but young children don't give a thought for all that nonsense and just have fun.



We all sang 'Happy Birthday' in Welsh and enjoyed the lovely food mum had made.  Sadly my sister couldn't be with us as she was at work, but we are looking forward to seeing her next week.

The afternoon was spent playing with CM's dolls and more talking.


I made the rag doll for her 1st birthday.  I am thrilled that she plays with it and that it hasn't fallen apart yet!


H1 drew some fab cartoons, but he wouldn't let me photograph them, so I can't show you.  Mum gave Pea a tiny bird skull that she found years ago.  We had a look in dad's bird book and think it may once have been a Brambling.  What do you think?

The children and I left before it got dark as I didn't want to leave the dogs for too much longer, but we had had a really good day, lots of noise, laughing and talking.  And a bit of creativity too!


I hope you have a lovely day and thank you for reading.xxx

1 comment:

  1. Great day wasn't it. Love the photos, they all made me smile, fond memories. By the way, the rag doll you made is called Jemima Mop! Hwyl a cwtch x x

    ReplyDelete