Tuesday 12 March 2013

A Grand Day Out

On a very cold, clear morning, with snow lying fresh on the ground, I got in my little car with my bags of lovingly made candles and set off to the other end of the island to Celebration Studio in Beaumaris.

I was a little worried when I awoke to find that Winter still hasn't let go of her grip just yet.  The sun shone brightly on a thin blanket of snow and the lambs looked a tiny bit startled at this new event in their lives.  The roads were thankfully clear as the high winds had blown most of the snow onto the fields, so I felt sure that Lizzy (my car) and I would be fine.  We arrived in Beaumaris to a completely different scene to the one I had left behind; no snow, dry ground, sun glittering off the sea and only a little bit chilly, beautiful.  It lifted my spirits immediately and I found Christine's shop easily.

A very pretty, sun-filled room greeted me and I found it's owner cheerful and relaxed.  She kindly found space for my candles and they are now sitting prettily on one of the shelves surrounded by beautiful things for people to grace their parties, weddings and general get-togethers!



Now ladies, if a man gives you a ring this big, (providing it is a diamond, of course and not fake!) you know he loves you.  All very well, but not exactly practical for washing up or gardening.  I would be equally as impressed with a daisy-chain he'd made for me; but then maybe I'm too easily pleased.  This is actually a napkin ring can you believe? It's gorgeous!  I want one just to play with!




Christine and I had a good chat and (I think) boosted each other up a bit; I know she did me anyway.  Afterwards I went for a walk round Beaumaris.  The weather was gorgeous and I wasn't ready to get back into my car and trundle home just yet.  The sea, as it always does, beckoned me to it and I moved in it's direction without really knowing where I was going.


Even better views of the snow capped mountains than I have from my kitchen window!  Everything glittered and sparkled as if it were covered in sugar.  The air smelled like holidays and the sound of the sea lapping against the wall felt like the first time I had ever heard such a thing.  The whole place seemed magical and I returned home feeling as if I had had a weekend away.  Living on an island does that to you!

The snow has melted where the sun has hit it and the lambs look much happier to be gamboling about again and bleating pitifully to their mothers.  I hope the Spring will make a come back very soon but as my dad reminded me yesterday, March winds doth blow and we shall have snow and what will the robin do then? Poor thing.  He will sit in the barn and keep himself warm and hide his head under his wing.  Poor thing.

Have a lovely day, snow, rain or shine and thank you for visiting my windy island! xxx
If you would like to contact Christine to visit her shop you can find her on facebook at Celebration Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment